Home » Consulting Services » Change Business Structure

Change Business Structure

Change Business Structure

If you already have an Employer Identification Number (EIN), you may need to get a new one if either the organization, ownership or if you have a change business structure. If you incorporate a sole proprietorship or form a partnership, you must get a new EIN. However, do not apply for a new EIN if:

Changes in Organization or Ownership

  • You change only the name of your business
  • A partnership or corporation declares bankruptcy
  • A corporation chooses to be taxed as an S corporation
  • You elected on Form 8832 Entity Classification Election, to change the way the entity is taxed, or
  • You change the location or add locations
  • You elect to be taxed as an S corporation.
  • Change business structure

The above list is not all-inclusive. To find out when you should not apply for a new EIN, contact Tax Prepration Pro

Note: If you are electing to be an S corporation, be sure to file Form 2553, Election by a Small Business Corporation.


Share Page

Scroll to Top