" " Accountants in Miami Providing Accounting, Tax, Audit and Consulting Services


Get Your Prior Year Taxes Information from the IRS

Get Your Prior Year Taxes Information from the IRS

Sometimes a Tax Accountants in Miami needs a copy of an Prior Year Taxes, but can’t find or the client does not have one in their own records. Accounting services for small business point out there are three easy and convenient options for getting Prior Year Taxes transcripts and tax account transcripts from the IRS: on the web, by phone or by mail. CPA’s point out there are eight things you need to know about getting federal tax return information from a Prior Year Taxes return.

1. A Tax Accountant can order Prior Year Taxes online or by phone for the current tax year as well as the past three tax years. Prior Year Taxes must be requested with Form 4506T-EZ, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript. Any CPA can help you with the request.

2. A Prior Year Taxes transcript shows most line items from your tax return as it was originally filed by your CPA, including any accompanying forms and schedules. It does not reflect any changes made after the return was filed.

3. A tax account transcript shows any later adjustments either you, your Tax Accountant or the IRS made after the tax return was filed. This transcript shows basic data, including marital status, type of return filed, adjusted gross income and taxable income.

4. To request either Prior Year Taxes transcript online from this website use our online tool called Order a Transcript. To order by phone, call 800-908-9946 and follow the prompts in the recorded message. When you use these automated self-service options, the selected transcript will be mailed to your current address of record. To have your transcript mailed to a different address, have an accounting services for small business complete and mail Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return. The IRS does not charge a fee for transcripts.

5. To request a 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ tax return transcript through the mail, have your CPA complete IRS Form 4506T-EZ. Businesses, partnerships and individuals who need transcript information from other forms or need a tax account transcript must use the Form 4506T.

6. If you order online or by phone, you should receive your tax return transcript within five to 10 calendar days from the time the IRS receives your request. Allow 30 calendar days for delivery of a tax account transcript if you order by mail using Form 4506T or Form 4506T-EZ.

7. If you still need an actual copy of a previously processed tax return, it will cost $57 for each tax year you order. Have your Tax Accountant in Miami complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, and mail it to the IRS address listed on the form for your area.  Copies are generally available for the current year as well as the past six years. Please allow 60 days for actual copies of your return.

8. Visit this website to determine which form will meet your needs. Forms 4506, 4506T and 4506T-EZ can be downloaded here or by calling a CPA Firm.



About the Author

Gustavo VieraGustavo A Viera is the managing partner of Gustavo A Viera, PA. His experience spans more than 25 years. He started his career in public accounting at PriceWaterHouseCoopers where reached the level senior audit manager. His Fortune 500 experience includes positions as CFO - Latin America Region for both Hewlett Packard and Telefonica of Spain. Gustavo also writes a blog twice a week that addresses trending accounting and tax issues. He is an SBA Advisor and teaches workshops for aspiring entrepreneurs. His office is located at One Alhambra Plaza Floor PH Coral Gables FL 33134, and is admitted to practice in the State of Florida as a licensed Certified Public Accountant. Gus welcomes questions and he can be reached at 786-250-4450.View all posts by Gustavo Viera →