Electronic Filing e-file
Top Frequently Asked Questions for Electronic Filing e-file
- What software is approved for IRS e-file?
- We will be filing a joint tax return. Can we file our return electronically?
- How can I participate as an electronic filing Provider?
- I filed electronically but my tax return was rejected. What do I do now?
- My electronic tax return keeps getting rejected for a dependent’s social security number used more than once or on another return. I have verified the social security numbers of all my dependents with the Social Security Administration and no one else is authorized to claim our children on their taxes. How do I correct this error so that an e-file return will go through?
- I don’t owe taxes. Can I file electronically after April 15th?
- If I file electronically, what do I do with my W-2 forms?
- How do I sign my tax return when I e-file using Online Filing software?